For the Ribs:
- 2 racks of baby back ribs (about 4-5 lbs total)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Dry Rub:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust for spice preference)
For the Sauce:
1. Prep the Ribs:
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. This will help the flavors penetrate better during cooking.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towels.
2. Apply the Dry Rub:
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to create the dry rub.
- Rub the dry rub all over both sides of the ribs, pressing it onto the meat to create a flavorful coating.
- Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and let them sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
3. Prepare the Grill:
- Preheat your grill for indirect grilling. If using charcoal, place the coals on one side of the grill and leave the other side empty. If using a gas grill, turn on one burner and leave the others off.
4. Cooking the Ribs:
- Place the seasoned ribs on the cooler side of the grill, away from direct heat.
- Close the grill lid and let the ribs cook for about 2.5 to 3.5 hours, depending on the thickness of the ribs. They should become tender but not falling apart.
5. Applying the Sauce:
- During the last 20-30 minutes of cooking, baste the ribs with Tip32 Sauce. Brush the sauce on both sides of the ribs.
6. Checking Doneness:
- The ribs are done when the meat is tender and pulls away easily from the bone. You can also use a meat thermometer; the internal temperature should be around 190°F (88°C).
7. Resting and Serving:
- Once the ribs are cooked to perfection, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Slice the ribs between the bones and serve them with additional Tip32 Sauce on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Saucy Barbecue Ribs, a perfect combination of tender meat and flavorful sauce from Tip32 Sauce!